This week’s high-five goes out to blogger and author of The Book of Awesome, Neil Pasricha. In his book as well as his blog, 1000 Awesome Things, Pasricha reminds us about the beauty in the everyday. Each page in his book and every blog post highlights something in our lives that’s awesome. These are the little moments that lift our spirits, like when you squeeze through a door as it’s shutting without touching it. We do a little dance in our head, raise our internal fist and bump it in the air, and if we’re really living right, we high-five someone. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- When the vending machine gives you two things instead of one
- The shampoo head massage you sometimes get at the hairdresser
- When you hear someone’s smile over the phone
- Snow days
- Pushing those little buttons on the soft drink cup lid
- Snow falling on Christmas Eve
Now it’s your turn. What little moments in life make you want to give your own bad self a high-five?